- Is the home I’m building really energy–efficient?
Then look at a Positive Energy® Home – OG&E’s energy efficient home certification program.
Making the right decisions up front is crucial. And while state and local building codes set minimum
requirements, OG&E’s Positive Energy® Home offers a higher standard in efficiency – saving
energy, money and more.
These homes employ advanced materials and innovative design to:
- Increase energy efficiency and reduce utility costs
- Deliver a higher level of comfort in every season
- Provide a higher standard of construction value and overall quality
- Meet or exceed all specifications of a 2010 Energy Star® home
Home Investments, Future Gains
When building a new home, take the time to explore forward-thinking investments. We’re ready to
help with proven, professional recommendations such as:
- Increased insulation
- High-performance windows
- Tight construction and tight ducts
- Heating and cooling systems such as:
- Total Electric: No fumes to vent, ultra-clean and whisper quiet
- Efficiency: A 14-SEER A/C paired with a 90% AFUE furnace
- Geothermal System: An underground system that uses the earth to heat and cool the home