Is the market really that bad?

My daughter asked me the other day how business was. She works as a hairstylist and another stylist next to her was cutting a lady's hair. All the lady did was complain about how bad the market is. Then she found out the lady was a local Realtor! It made me think about how many people I hear are constantly complaining.

While the market may not be what it has been in the past, it is surely not dead! You want someone who works hard, markets your home in every available avenue possible, online as well as offline, returns phone calls promptly, keeps searching for the perfect home for you as a buyer, someone who sees the glass half full. Even if things seem less than desirable, do you want people around you hearing you talk negatively about what you have chosen to do as a career? Why would they want to work with someone who has a negative attitude about what they do?

The longer I live, the more I realize the impact of attitude on life. Attitude, to me, is more important than facts. It is more important than the past, the education, the money, than circumstances, than failure, than successes, than what other people think or say or do. It is more important than appearance, giftedness or skill. It will make or break a company...a church...or a home. The remarkable think is we have a choice everyday regarding the attitude we will embrace for that day. We cannot change our past...we cannot change the fact that people will act in a certain way. We cannot change the inevitable. The only thing we can do is play on the one thing we have, and that is our attitude. I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% of how I react to it. And so it is with you...we are in charge of our attitudes.

If you want positive words, encouragement for the day, something motivational, something that makes you think...something that makes you smile...you can count on me to deliver something regularly...whether here, on facebook, or twitter. I choose to find something everyday to make me smile...to encourage someone with...to always be thinking and speaking positively!

When you do what you love...people love what you do! I love what I do...in the feast or the famine! In a down market, buyers market, or sellers market. Full time...every time...providing service beyond your expectations!

1 comment: