A Realtor's Home

Have you ever wondered what a Realtor's home would look like? Inside or outside? Do they keep it in "show" condition? Does the outside demonstrate the curb appeal that attracts buyers? While recently watering my flowers, I turned to look at my home...garage door open, and I just smiled. As a Realtor, I believe our homes, whether seen by our clients or not, are a reflection of ourselves. If your neighbors know you are a Realtor, or don't but just happen to see the signs in the garage, the mere fact that you care about your home might mean that you might care about them and what you do for a living.

The fact that we advertise with such enthusiasm the homes that we list, we market ourselves with great pride, and dress the part of the successful professional...should not our private lives also be a reflection of the career that we have chosen?

I believe we should always be thinking about what the public is seeing. The garage door that is rotten particle board on a Realtor's personal home, but also happens to be the Real Estate office? The unkept yard full of weeds that needs not only mowing, but a whole lot more. The front door that looks like only a dog lives there because of the paw prints and slobber? If the only people that come into our homes are family and friends, we should care even more!

When a Realtor's personal home is placed on the market, it should be a reflection of the passion in which they do the job, not just the fact that they can list their own home.

I want to be living proof of the passion I have for what I love to do! It's not just a job to me, it's a lifestyle! It's a choice to have my home, as well as my life, reflect the passion in which I live my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment